ellipsis (part two)

Staring at the blank page he wondered
about the tiny tear, (it was perfectly round),
and how it got there.
If he tore it a little more,
gently, of course, would he find the source
of his haunting?

He hated that he always woke just at that moment,
and always craving hot tea.

~

Part Three is here

the very beginning Part A is here

37 thoughts on “ellipsis (part two)

1. saynotoclowns says:

Hey Shantanu, thank you so much!
      I decided my previous piece could be a bigger story. So I’m still toying with it in my mind, whether it will go further than this one.

Liked by 1 person

1. saynotoclowns says:

Thank you! That is what I was going for. I’m still deciding whether to keep going, or just to leave it for the reader’s mind to make of it what they wish.
      Thank you for your thoughts!

1. Steve Simpson says:

A sweet mystery, Vanessa, Another mystery is why I thought he had wept a little on the page until I played your great reading. Of course the tears of some extraterrestrials are quite acidic. Some tea too. Looking forward to more.

Liked by 1 person

1. saynotoclowns says:

Actually, I toyed with that… after I wrote it, I looked at it and it occurred to me it could be read that way. But then decided to stick with my original thought.

You’re so right, of course, about ET and tea. Hmmmmm …

Im so glad you liked the reading. Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

2. MORALITY PARK says:

I love this, Vanessa. I also like what you said in the comments about not knowing whether to continue or to just leave it as is. I am partial to ambiguous endings as opposed to analyzing. Having said that; I do hope to see more. It was also lovely to hear your voice!

Liked by 1 person

1. saynotoclowns says:

Agree! About ambiguity vs analysis πŸ€“

Thank you! It is still swirling around, we’ve been away from home so I haven’t had a chance to give it time. We’ll see πŸ€”

And thank you, I was so nervous about it the first time, but this is my third attempt and I think it’s getting easier. But I’m not going to analyse it ha! I’ll have a glass of wine instead. Cheers! Thanks for visiting

Liked by 1 person

hi. friendly banter is always welcome.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s