Just Because

I have writer’s block. And other things happening that have kept me from here.

But I was reminded of this song. So I am putting it here just because…just because I love it – and its unlikely beginnings, and ironic outcomes of becoming so popular. And I just needed to hear it. So maybe you will enjoy the memory too.

63 thoughts on “Just Because

1. Melissa Coppins says:

Yes, all is well. πŸ™‚ Just off to England again for a quick month vacation. I’m really happy and feeling great, so yes, life is going along well. (Almost feel afraid to say that out loud as I’m getting superstitious. haha!) πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Jo says:

Tea parties. Dolls. Mermaids and unicorns. And everything in pink. (this is basically my entire life now) God is punishing me for my misogyny. Ha ha.

1. Jo says:

Ha ha. Potato… potato. I’ve realized accenting potato in text is somewhat futile.

The lord moves in mysterious ways? Or how does the joke go? But you don’t have to, use your indicator….

Liked by 1 person

1. Steve Simpson says:

For me, ‘writer’s block” and “other things happening” are pretty much the same thing. Enjoyed the vid Vanessa. I’m going to admit I liked the milk cartons. Because of their subtle subversion and existential deconstruction of the suburban ethical gestalt. Of course. 😸

Liked by 1 person

1. saynotoclowns says:

Hey Steve.
      haha ditzy me…I’m thinking, there are no milk cartons in Song 2…

Of course. πŸ™‚

I love that Song 2 was written as a bit of a dig at American Grunge, the pretentious and unnecessarily cryptic and whatnot grunge, is my understanding. I was a rather huge fan of some grunge at the time but anyway, this became unexpectedly popular… and needles to say, I loved it. And the memories I have attached to it.

Liked by 1 person

1. Steve Simpson says:

Yes, particular music and particular memories, I think that happens with most of us.I must admit I am very keen on unnecessary pretension, encryption and whatnots. But you know that. 😸 (Needless needles, all good, although I think I do. For my record player.)

Liked by 1 person

1. saynotoclowns says:

Well speaking for myself…cryptic normally has to do with me not having a clue what is going on inside my brain 😁, or the world…it sorts itself out somehow eventually…or I just forget.

haha oh yes, those needful record player needles…

1. saynotoclowns says:

I’m sorry you are Yassy! I understand that need.
          I have had a lot of spiritual support from church, family and friends which I really appreciate. Despite everything, I have a peace I haven’t had in a while and I am grateful.
          I hope peace for you Yassy.
          I am glad you write, it is always beautiful!

Liked by 1 person

hi. friendly banter is always welcome.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s