Ugh! About pages! Such an untamed beast. Much too hard to write. But I really enjoy reading others’. So I thought I should have one too. To balance the universe or something.
It starts with an old friend who thought I should do something about my neglected “creative” tendencies.
I don’t know if he really meant it now, after a few follow up conversations, and maybe one of us was drinking then, who knows, but it was enough to get me thinking. And I am pretty sure this roo was trying to tell me something about it…in advance…this is an old photo…
And then, late one night, I found another old picture, of Basil. Maybe it was the way he was looking at me, but somehow a blog materialised. basil is no clown
So this is a creative outlet.
Hey, maybe I’ll throw in some dot points. Bonus if you find them helpful:
- I am an Australian married to an American Post Vocalic Stress Disorder
- My husband is a pastor to five rural churches
- One of my life philosophies is not to be busy just for the sake of being busy. Forget that. I’m not competing with you. So don’t even start. 🙂
- Nope, I don’t play the organ
- Nope, I don’t do crafts. Trust me, you don’t want me to. Unless, it’s with play dough or something.
- I hated clowns as a child…the painted ones…I mean, why? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD…
- but, you are seriously still welcome here if you do…
- also, because, this might be about dealing with the clown in myself…
- And there’s photography. Something else I have neglected and want to spend more time with.
- Why has no one invented caffeinated toothpaste? But I digress…
I have been truly moved by the ocean of talent on WP. The support, connection and inspiration that it offers has also been a beautiful and humbling surprise.
Thanks to Basil for posing so beautifully for me, and to his gorgeous owner. RIP Basil.
And thanks for taking the time. I so appreciate you even looking at this, it was not my intent to get ‘followers’.
(PS unless otherwise stated, all photos are my own, except this anonymous one I used here: through the timing glass and some random WP offerings, oh and maybe a cute one of a kitten that made the rounds on the internet a long time ago. And there are some stills from videos I have used…and my husband took the one on here of the roo. I was, obviously, too busy being hypnotised by its gaze…)